City hearings on public safety issues to be held throughout October
News release from Alds. Ashanti Hamilton & Bob Donovan
Milwaukee citizens will have the opportunity to provide ideas, feedback and input on potential solutions to the city’s public safety issues during a series of community engagement hearings to be held throughout the city next month.
Common Council President Ashanti Hamilton and Public Safety Committee chair Alderman Bob Donovan today announced that the Public Safety Committee hearings will be held on the following dates and at these times and locations:
- Monday, October 3 at 9 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St. (NOTE: This special meeting will be to receive testimony from community-based organizations).
- Saturday, October 8 at 9:30 a.m., Ald. Cavalier Johnson will host at Marshall High School, 4141 N. 64th St.
- Saturday, October 15 at 9:30 a.m., President Hamilton will host at Obama High School, 5075 N. Sherman Blvd.
- Saturday, October 22 at 9:30 a.m., Ald. José G. Pérez will host at South Division High School, 1515 W. Lapham Blvd.
- Saturday, October 29 at 9:30 a.m., Ald. Terry L. Witkowski will host at Pulaski High School, 2500 W. Oklahoma Ave.
In addition to members of the public, the Mayor, the County Executive, the District Attorney, the Police Chief, the Office of Violence Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Community Justice Council, Fire and Police Commission members and Common Council members are invited to attend.
Press Releases by Ashanti Hamilton
Statement of President Ashanti Hamilton November 17, 2016
News release from Alds. Ashanti Hamilton and Milele A. Coggs
Statement of President Ashanti Hamilton
The free 300+ Strong Movement Rally – hosted by a collective of grassroots and youth serving organizations – will take place Saturday (September 10) from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Sherman Park.