Building Commission Approves Projects
Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state.
- A new Health Services Unit at Columbia Correctional Institution;
- A new Public Entrance and Visitor Station at Lake Wissota State Park;
- Communications and electric upgrades to State Fair Park; and
- An entrance and expansion project at Reeve Union on the UW-Oshkosh campus.
“Today the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank Building Commission members for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The State of Wisconsin Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
"It will add jobs, capacity, and ensure our nation is making sound choices to protect our energy security."
Governor Walker Highlights K-12 Education Investments During Visit To Bradley Technology High School in MilwaukeeMar 24th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
Milwaukee Public Schools is estimated to receive approximately $1.32 billion in funding from the state under Governor Walker’s biennial budget
Governor Walker Issues Statement on the Tragic Death of Greg “Ziggy” Zyszkiewicz and Orders Flags to Half-StaffMar 23rd, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
"On behalf of the State of Wisconsin, I am lowering the flags to half-staff as a mark of respect for Mr. Zyszkiewicz."
New facility in Kenosha County expected to open in 2020
The experience our veterans receive serving in the military provide them with unique skills and expertise that not only benefit potential employers but also make them savvy business owners."
"I’m proud to join Hunzinger employees today in wrapping care packages to bring our brave men and women in uniform."