Building Commission Approves Projects
Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state.
- A new Health Services Unit at Columbia Correctional Institution;
- A new Public Entrance and Visitor Station at Lake Wissota State Park;
- Communications and electric upgrades to State Fair Park; and
- An entrance and expansion project at Reeve Union on the UW-Oshkosh campus.
“Today the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank Building Commission members for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The State of Wisconsin Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker’s 2017-2019 biennial budget proposal invests in workforce development by increasing funding for Wisconsin Fast Forward by $12.6 million over two years.
If the Legislature separates transportation from the overall budget process, projects across our state could face delays.
Assembly Bill 194 adds music festivals to the list of exceptions for venues in which a person under 21 years of age may attend without the presence of their parent, legal guardian, or spouse.