Building Commission Approves Projects
Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state.
- A new Health Services Unit at Columbia Correctional Institution;
- A new Public Entrance and Visitor Station at Lake Wissota State Park;
- Communications and electric upgrades to State Fair Park; and
- An entrance and expansion project at Reeve Union on the UW-Oshkosh campus.
“Today the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank Building Commission members for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The State of Wisconsin Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Press Releases by Scott Walker
Governor Walker Joins in Announcing Colbert Packaging Corporation to Establish Operations in KenoshaOct 18th, 2016 by Scott Walker
Manufacturer expected to bring more than 100 new jobs to Wisconsin
Governor Scott Walker today sent a letter to President Barack Obama requesting a federal disaster declaration for 12 western Wisconsin counties after torrential rains and flash floods last month caused more than $11 million in damage.
Deadline to seek WEDC Fabrication Laboratories grant is December 15
Governor Walker Discusses Local Transportation Funding at the Wisconsin Towns Association Annual ConventionOct 10th, 2016 by Scott Walker
The Department of Transportation (DOT) budget proposal submitted to Governor Walker last month represents the largest year-to-year change in local aids since Calendar Years 1999 and 2000.