Building Commission Approves Projects
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker.
- Renovations to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point DeBot Residential Dining Center;
- Authority for the Department of Transportation to lease new Department of Motor Vehicle Customer Services Center location in Dane County;
- Construct facility rehabilitation and maintenance to the Department of Military Affairs Fort McCoy Military Academy and Milwaukee Readiness Center;
- Authority for the University of Wisconsin-Superior to purchase a parcel of land and improvements; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Following the hearing, all public comments will be summarized and responded to in a Legislative Report.
Supply Chain Marketplace provides new way to showcase state businesses
Governor Walker Releases Statement on Bipartisan Assembly Passage of Wisconn Valley Special Session LegislationAug 18th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
"As the world’s largest electronics manufacturer, Foxconn’s $10 billion investment and 13,000 new jobs will be transformational"