Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Press Releases by Scott Walker
Governor Walker Announces University of Wisconsin Credit Union Membership Changes, Launch of Higher Education Planning WebsiteSep 27th, 2016 by Scott Walker
Gov. Walker also announced the official launch of DFI’s “Look Forward to Your Future” website.
“I am instructing the Wisconsin National Guard and all state agencies to provide assistance to those affected by this natural disaster.”
Sales tax holiday to be included in 2017-19 biennial budget, saves Wisconsin families an estimated $11 million annually
Increases broadband capacity on BadgerNet Converged Network for government and educational entities
Average hourly wage is $11.99, average hours worked is 32.2
Nearly 11,000 Medicaid and FoodShare investigations result cost avoidance and overpayments of more than $26 million in 2015