Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Press Releases by Scott Walker
Proposed legislation invests an additional estimated $35.5 million in broadband expansion efforts over the next three years
Losses due to freezing temperatures in May 2016
Governor Scott Walker Joins Wisconsin Tourism Industry in Support of 6th Annual “Big Bundle Up” CampaignNov 18th, 2016 by Scott Walker
The statewide charity initiative encourages people to donate new or gently used gloves, hats, scarves, coats, and other warm winter gear for those in need.
Announces $10 million investment in rural economic development
“It has been a distinct privilege to work for the betterment of my fellow veterans as secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs,” Secretary Scocos said.
Governor Walker Joins in Announcing Colbert Packaging Corporation to Establish Operations in KenoshaOct 18th, 2016 by Scott Walker
Manufacturer expected to bring more than 100 new jobs to Wisconsin