Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
"It will add jobs, capacity, and ensure our nation is making sound choices to protect our energy security."
Governor Walker Highlights K-12 Education Investments During Visit To Bradley Technology High School in MilwaukeeMar 24th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
Milwaukee Public Schools is estimated to receive approximately $1.32 billion in funding from the state under Governor Walker’s biennial budget
Governor Walker Issues Statement on the Tragic Death of Greg “Ziggy” Zyszkiewicz and Orders Flags to Half-StaffMar 23rd, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
"On behalf of the State of Wisconsin, I am lowering the flags to half-staff as a mark of respect for Mr. Zyszkiewicz."
New facility in Kenosha County expected to open in 2020
The experience our veterans receive serving in the military provide them with unique skills and expertise that not only benefit potential employers but also make them savvy business owners."
"I’m proud to join Hunzinger employees today in wrapping care packages to bring our brave men and women in uniform."