Betty Brinn Children’s Museum and Sendik’s Food Markets partner to host Valentine Ice Cream Social
Families are invited to attend a 1950s-themed Valentine Ice Cream Social
The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum will host a Valentine Ice Cream Social and Sock Hop presented by Sendik’s Food Markets this Saturday, February 11 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
What: Families are invited to attend a 1950s-themed Valentine Ice Cream Social featuring:
- Customizable Kemps ice cream sundaes, Breadsmith cookie bars, Sargento cheese samples and Palermo’s pizza samples
- Dancing and hula hoop to music from the 1950’s, the hokey pokey, bunny hop and more, and a special performance by Danceworks Youth Performance Company from 2 – 2:30 p.m.
- A Be A Maker DIY letterpress workshop to create valentines using wood block letters
- A craft station to make string and wind instruments
- Story time with Milwaukee Public Library staff at 11 a.m. at 1 p.m., plus on-site library card registration
- Valentine-themed activities and prizes from the Sendik’s Food Markets Street Team
- Dental health care tips and supplies provided by Dental Associates from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., and an interactive program at noon where children learn about brushing and flossing
Where: Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, 929 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
When: Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Valentine Ice Cream Social activities are free with regular paid admission. To receive free admission to the event, guests can visit Sendik’s Food Markets and purchase any of the following products and present their receipt at the Museum for one free Museum admission on Saturday, February 11. One admission per product.
- Any loaf of Breadsmith bread
- Any half-gallon of Kemps flavored milk
- Any Palermo’s Primo Thin Pizza
- Any two Sargento Balanced Breaks or Snack Bites
The Museum is located at 929 E. Wisconsin Avenue in Downtown Milwaukee. Admission during regular hours is $8 per person, $7 per senior (55+); free for children younger than 1. Hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, noon – 5 p.m. More information is available by calling 414-390-KIDS (5437) or visiting www.bbcmkids.org.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
The fall/winter 2017 calendar of events
Maker Faire® Milwaukee – the “Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth” – Announces its Event Schedule for Sept. 23 and 24 at Wisconsin State Fair ParkSep 20th, 2017 by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
More than 200 exhibitors will display projects and share their skills with Faire-goers at the free admission event.
Betty Brinn Children’s Museum Invites the Community to Attend the 22nd Annual Gala on Oct. 7 in support of Early EducationSep 14th, 2017 by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
Gala supporters will enjoy a special evening out while supporting Museum exhibits, programs and outreach services to improve educational outcomes for area children.