Under construction mixed-use development by Wangard Partners at the northeast corner of N. 1st St. and E. Greenfield Ave.
The site was formerly occupied by the Grede Foundry.
The planned development would include a Cermak Fresh Market grocery store, two small commercial buildings fronting S. 1st. St. and a 76-unit apartment building. In addition, a 45,750 sq-ft office building may be built on the southeast corner of the site.
A 226-stall parking deck would be built on the east side of the site, as well as two large surface lots (134 stalls and 149 stalls).
- Mar 22nd, 2017 by Graham Kilmer
- Dec 7th, 2016 by Graham Kilmer
- Jun 28th, 2016 by Jeramey Jannene
- Jun 28th, 2016 by Urban Milwaukee
- Jun 24th, 2016 by Jeramey Jannene
- Apr 8th, 2016 by Jeramey Jannene
Footing and Foundation
|767140||2015/07/29||New Service Request|
GRAFFITI ON THE UTILITY BOX NEAR SAID LOCATION
|753020||2015/03/25||New Service Request|
Uncontained Garbage - Holiday Tree, Mattresses, Loose Debris along alley line.
Press Releases Referencing Freshwater Plaza
- Wangard’s Freshwater Plaza Hits Milestone - Sep 14th, 2016 by Wangard Partners, Inc.
- 2016 State of the City - Feb 8th, 2016 by Mayor Tom Barrett
- Governor Scott Walker Attends Freshwater Plaza Groundbreaking Ceremony - Oct 22nd, 2015 by Gov. Scott Walker
- Freshwater Plaza to Break Ground October 22nd - Oct 19th, 2015 by Wangard Partners, Inc.
- Freshwater Plaza site sells for $2.9 million; construction starting - Oct 7th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Freshwater Plaza seeks additional city funds; plans to start work this fall - Aug 18th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Wangard Partners – Freshwater Plaza - Jul 28th, 2015
- Freshwater Plaza project to get four more apartments - Jul 28th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Apartments planned for north side, Walker’s Point project receive initial approvals - Dec 18th, 2014 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Freshwater Plaza site work could begin this fall - Sep 10th, 2014 - BizTimes