Spanish Revival building located on the northwest corner of N. Prospect Ave. and E. Windsor Pl. on Milwaukee’s Lower East Side. The building has been home to Allium (earlier known as Cafe Brucke) since March 2004. The retail space was formerly home to Harterr’s Bakery and totals 1,639 square-feet according to city records.
The Mystery One Bookstore was located at 2109 N. Prospect Ave. in the building since 1993, but closed at the end of August 2015. That bookstore space is 319 square-feet.
The building includes a one-bedroom, 1,526 sq-ft apartment on the upper floor, as well as a 1,112 sq-ft barber/beauty shop. The first floor also includes a 581 sq-ft barber/beauty shop stall.
~~Service fire extinguisher(s)
Sidewalk Area Dining Facilities- it shall be unlawful for any person to use the public right-of-way as a sidewalk area dining facility without first obtaining a permit therefore. The application and annual space rental fee for sidewalk area dining facilities shall be as specified in s. 81-106.7. YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO OBTAIN A SIDEWALK AREA DINING FACILITIES PERMIT OR DISCONTINUE THE USE OF THE PUBLIC RIGHT-OF-WAY. / 115-32.6 /
|718004||2014/05/02||New Service Request|
GRAFFITI ON THE BRIDGE NEAR SAID LOCATION
- Mystery One turns its final page - Aug 17th, 2015 - OnMilwaukee.com - Bobby Tanzilo
- Mystery One Bookstore plans to close - Aug 14th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Jim Higgins
- Day 11: The Bertelson Building - Oct 23rd, 2011 - Razed in Milwaukee
- Cafe Brucke blossoming into Allium - May 27th, 2011 - OnMilwaukee.com - Bobby Tanzilo
- Nora B’s opens; Cafe Brücke sold; Mr. B’s reopens; brunch at Harvey’s - Apr 8th, 2010 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Carol Deptolla
- Café Brucke: bar and restaurant or restaurant and bar? - Oct 6th, 2005 - OnMilwaukee.com - Julie Teska
- Cafe Brucke - Jul 1st, 2004 - Riverwest Currents
- East Side says willkommen to Café Brücke bar/restaurant - Jan 15th, 2004 - OnMilwaukee.com - Molly Snyder