1901 E. North Ave. is a one-story building with a substantial basement tavern space located on in the heart of the East North Avenue commercial district. The first-floor is home to Beans & Barley, with the lower floor having been occupied by a number of different bars. The current basement bar tenant is The Library Club.
A building at the same site suffered a fire in 1993, with only Beans & Barley remaining after a new building was constructed. The parking lot at the site is home to the East Side Green Market.
- The Library Club – (November 2011 – Present) – Owners Drew Deuster and J.J. Kovacovich
- Decibel Nightclub and Deep Bar Vodka Lounge – (2007-2011) – Owners D. Bowie, Drew Deuster and J.J. Kovacovich
- Mantra Lounge – Mike Vitucci and James Amato (? – 2007)
- East Side Wine & Spirits (prior building)
- Esoteria (prior building and current building)
- Shooter’s (prior building)
- “Decibel Becomes the Library Club” – OnMilwaukee.com – November 8th, 2011
- “Our Milwaukee Beans & Barley” – Riverwest Currents – Jim Loew – November 1st, 2009
- “Mantra Lounge makes room for Decibel/DeepBar” – OnMilwaukee.com – Molly Snyder – February 22nd, 2007
~~Remove all graffiti
|810140||2016/08/18||New Service Request|
Graffiti on East side of building near Kenilworth Pl.
Low Voltage-New Install
new recording application
|791415||2016/03/23||New Service Request|
Graffiti on east rear of building
|747631||2015/01/28||New Service Request|
New application foe tavern license, please check for 300' rule.
Burglar Alarm-New Install
Service suppression system