Room at the Inn
Two new hotels and hundreds of new rooms are coming to East Town.
East Town is about to have two new hotels opening within a block of each other. Construction is nearing completion at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee, which is already taking reservations for rooms starting in early December 2012 (UPDATE: the Hilton Garden Inn opens on November 13th, 2012). The new Marriott Downtown Milwaukee is scheduled to open in July 2013. While the Hilton is an beautiful repurposing of an existing historic building, the Marriott is a mix of restoration and new development. And despite the controversy that surrounded the Marriott both hotels will add new life to downtown Milwaukee.
Past Stories: Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: East Town Unveilings
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Herb Kohl’s Arena Commitment, The Second Downtown Strip Club, Northwestern Mutual’s New Downtown Building, and More
Past Stories: Marriott Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: Construction Continues
- Friday Photos: Marriott Hotel Begins to Rise
- Are Milwaukee’s Historic Preservation Laws Too Strong or Too Weak? Yes
- Marriott Approved. Greenwich Park Apartments Approved
- Marriott Hotel Project Wins Appeal on 3-2 Vote at Zoning Committee
- A Possible Solution for the Marriott Proposal?
Dec 19th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
The consulting company relocates to neighborhood where it all began 156 years ago.
Dec 12th, 2014 by Michael Horne
The $19.5 million, 133-unit apartment complex along the river will fill in one of the last developable pieces of land on the Beerline.
Dec 5th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
Mandel Group is building the third phase of their "neighborhood by design" -- to plug "the doughnut hole in Downtown."
Nov 28th, 2014 by Michael Horne
Crews have begun work on new exhibition space and lakefront entry for the museum, as our photos show.
Nov 21st, 2014 by Michael Horne
The five-story, 104 unit apartment building is nearly ready for occupancy, the first residential development on county-owned Park East land.
Nov 14th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
New 36-unit apartment building rising quickly on the East Side, as our photos show.