Room at the Inn
Two new hotels and hundreds of new rooms are coming to East Town.
East Town is about to have two new hotels opening within a block of each other. Construction is nearing completion at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee, which is already taking reservations for rooms starting in early December 2012 (UPDATE: the Hilton Garden Inn opens on November 13th, 2012). The new Marriott Downtown Milwaukee is scheduled to open in July 2013. While the Hilton is an beautiful repurposing of an existing historic building, the Marriott is a mix of restoration and new development. And despite the controversy that surrounded the Marriott both hotels will add new life to downtown Milwaukee.
Past Stories: Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: East Town Unveilings
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Herb Kohl’s Arena Commitment, The Second Downtown Strip Club, Northwestern Mutual’s New Downtown Building, and More
Past Stories: Marriott Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: Construction Continues
- Friday Photos: Marriott Hotel Begins to Rise
- Are Milwaukee’s Historic Preservation Laws Too Strong or Too Weak? Yes
- Marriott Approved. Greenwich Park Apartments Approved
- Marriott Hotel Project Wins Appeal on 3-2 Vote at Zoning Committee
- A Possible Solution for the Marriott Proposal?
Oct 31st, 2014 by Michael Horne
Shoreline restoration, bicycle trails and other changes are happening along the river on the Lower East Side. Our photos track the progress in the last year.
Oct 10th, 2014 by Michael Horne
Our photos capture a new start for an old building.
Oct 3rd, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
It's a bus stop, art work, and urban island. Grand opening is tonight, but we've already got photos of the new amenity.
Sep 26th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
New East Side apartment building is bringing good urban form back to prominent corner.
Sep 13th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
New freshwater school is the centerpiece of the burgeoning water cluster.
Sep 5th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
New high rise office building has no city subsidy and will add to the property tax base immediately.