Room at the Inn
Two new hotels and hundreds of new rooms are coming to East Town.
East Town is about to have two new hotels opening within a block of each other. Construction is nearing completion at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee, which is already taking reservations for rooms starting in early December 2012 (UPDATE: the Hilton Garden Inn opens on November 13th, 2012). The new Marriott Downtown Milwaukee is scheduled to open in July 2013. While the Hilton is an beautiful repurposing of an existing historic building, the Marriott is a mix of restoration and new development. And despite the controversy that surrounded the Marriott both hotels will add new life to downtown Milwaukee.
Past Stories: Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: East Town Unveilings
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Herb Kohl’s Arena Commitment, The Second Downtown Strip Club, Northwestern Mutual’s New Downtown Building, and More
Past Stories: Marriott Downtown Milwaukee
- Friday Photos: Construction Continues
- Friday Photos: Marriott Hotel Begins to Rise
- Are Milwaukee’s Historic Preservation Laws Too Strong or Too Weak? Yes
- Marriott Approved. Greenwich Park Apartments Approved
- Marriott Hotel Project Wins Appeal on 3-2 Vote at Zoning Committee
- A Possible Solution for the Marriott Proposal?
Building(s): Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown, Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
Neighborhood(s): East Town, Juneau Town