Inside The North End
Take a peek at two new apartment buildings under construction just north of Downtown.
Two apartment buildings are quickly rising on the northern end of downtown. Portrait and Silhouette are the second and third buildings in the Mandel Group’s The North End mixed-use development. The first building, called ONE, also has apartments, and is nearly 100 percent full. Portrait and Silhouette will add an additional 155 apartment units to the large redevelopment project.
Recently, Mandel Group Senior Development Manager Phillip Aiello and members of the contracting team took a group of Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee members on a tour of the construction process and explained the roles various Mandel team members play in the process. Urban Milwaukee tagged along to give you an inside peek at what’s rising along N. Water Street.
Portrait, a 55-unit building along Pleasant St, will be completed in February. Silhouette, a 100-unit building along the river behind ONE, is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2013.
Past Articles on Phase Two at The North End
- Friday Photos: Winter Approaches at The North End – October 5th, 2012
- Friday Photos: The North End Continues to Rise – August 3rd, 2012
- Friday Photos: Lower East Side Construction – June 29th, 2012
- The North End Phase Two Groundbreaking Photos – February 16th, 2012
- The Second Phase of The North End Breaks Ground Tomorrow – February 15th, 2012
- The North End Phase II to Break Ground in February – January 30th, 2012
- City Loan for the North End Phase II Recommended for Approval at Committee – July 20th, 2011
- Mandel Group Receives $24 million of WHEDA financing for The North End Phase II (Renderings) - December 2nd, 2010
- Milwaukee Apartment Update - November 18th, 2010
Recent Photo Galleries
People: Phillip Aiello
Building(s): Portrait, Silhouette, The North End
Neighborhood(s): Downtown, East Side, Lower East Side