Sydney HiH Retrospective
Gallery Night provided one last opportunity to experience the Sydney HiH.
It was a weekend to remember. Old friends reminisced about crazy nights at the Unicorn. Key characters from the story that was the Sydney HiH, including Israel (Izzy) Hernandez, Alan Eisenberg, Bill Tennessen, and Dan Graves, shared bits of the hazy history from deep inside the Sydney HiH. And others simply came to see and experience the art and artifacts from the Sydney HiH.
We of course want to thank everyone who came to the event, and all of those who made this exhibition a success. Erik Ljung was essential. Without his hard work there would have been no Sydney HiH exhibit. Israel (Izzy) Hernandez contributed a large amount of photography and event flyers from the Unicorn. Developer Robert Ruvin contributed items ranging from artistic painted doors to the window from Betty’s Bead Bank. ART Milwaukee provided a set of the former Sydney HiH letters from the building. Dan Graves provided photography from Studio 402. William Arthur brought the cash register from the Unicorn, and his painting of the complex. Hal Koenig and Judy Barczak created works of art specifically for the event.
Here’s one last look back through our stories and photos.
Sydney HiH Coverage
- The History of Sydney HiH by Megan E. Daniels
- This is the End, Beautiful Friend by Dave Reid
- Don’t Wreck Sidney HiH by John Norquist
- One More Chance for the Sydney HiH by Dave Reid
- Potential Sydney HiH Savior Comes Forward with Proposal by Dave Reid
- Last Days for the Sydney HiH by Dave Reid
- Commission Recommends Historic Designation for Sydney Hih Building, Fuse Still Lit by Jeramey Jannene
Photo Gallery by Alan Herzberg
Recent Photo Galleries
Building(s): Sydney Hih
Neighborhood(s): Juneau Town, Kilbourn Town