The Word On The Street (12.6.2007)
From time to time Urban Milwaukee will feature a collection of links we think are worth your time to read.
- “Neighbors fed up with vandals, lack of patrols” – A story of chaos and vandalism ensuing in a northwestern Milwaukee neighborhood that the police don’t seem to care to fix. If I lived there I would be scared for my life judging by the stories told and the police departments unwillingness to monitor things.
- “City ranks at bottom of health categories” – This shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to you, but being host to most of the people that experience severe socioeconomic problems in this state means the city’s health ranking will be pretty low. In other news, keep your pants on.
- “Experts say ‘most dangerous city’ rankings’ twist numbers” – Clearly, it’s disgusting how they glorify Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, and company as such dangerous places. Offer a solution, not an insult.
- “All routes lead to Amtrak Station” – A summary, more or less, of the status of all transit projects in the Milwaukee-area. If you’re short on time just know that the story ends with Scott Walker killing everything in favor of a weak express bus plan.
- “Developer completes Park East financing” – Mandel Group Inc. has all the money it needs for the first phase of the North End on the site of the former Pfister & Vogel tannery. I’m excited to watch the progress of this and enjoy the results.
Government: Milwaukee Police Department